Share

Saturday, August 10, 2013

What's for Breakfast? Spiced Oatmeal!!

I am such a breakfast girl and have always been a morning person.  I would wake up with my dad on the weekends (about 6 am), put on my red cowboy boots over my pj's and go outside with my hair poking up all over the place.  After working out in the yard or building something for an hour our two we would come in the kitchen and my dad would make me a big breakfast. That started my love for breakfast.

Now that I'm 28 and a female I can't eat eggs, sausage, and pancakes every weekend for breakfast.  I have found a new love for oatmeal.  Most people don't like oatmeal because it's so bland, but you will not have that problem with this super simple, delicious oatmeal. 
What you will need:
Pot
Tea ball  
Two cups water
One cup slow rolled oats
1/8 tsp. ginger (I use pre-minced ginger from a jar)
One anise star
Five cardamom pods
Five pepper corns
Dash of cinnamon
Dash of nutmeg
Pinch of salt to bring out the flavor
1 Tbs. maple syrup (more or less if desired)
A squeeze of lime juice 
Chopped Pecans
Coconut milk

Put the anise star, pepper corn, ginger, and cardamom pods in your tea ball.  Place the tea ball in the pot with water.  Put the burner on high to start boiling your water.
  Once your water starts to boil, add the oats.  Turn the burner on low and put the lid on the pot, keeping in the tea ball to steep.
Let your oats cook on low for about 5-7 minutes.  Take off the burner, add maple syrup, lime juice, pinch of salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and coconut milk if desired.  I sometimes like to add peanut butter, but today I added chopped pecans. 
Now you are ready to eat your healthy delicious breakfast.
This oatmeal has so much spice and flavor to it and is a very healthy, filling breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment