Share

Friday, August 2, 2013

Blueberry Avocado Salsa for My Girls Camping Trip

I went to Costco last week and bought huge container of blueberries and strawberries and need to use them soon.  While looking at blogs yesterday, I found the perfect recipe!
 
 I am going to make blueberry salsa for my girls camping trip tonight.  This is going to be fun!!
I found this recipe at www.howsweeteats.com, but modified it a little.
This is not your typical salsa, but it's delicious!
 
What I used:
2 cups fresh blueberries
8 strawberries (I used large and small)
3/4 cup red onion
Zest of one lime
Juice of two limes
1 Tbs. Fresh Basil (I didn't have cilantro so I used fresh basil from my garden)
1 avocado
1 tsp. garlic (I have minced organic garlic from Mountainroseherbs.com that I use in recipes like this. Works perfect!)
salt and pepper to taste
1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes

Roughly chop the strawberries, red onion, basil, and avocado.  Juice and zest your limes and add all ingredients into the food processor.  
  My food processor was really full, but still worked great.
 Turn on the food processor for about one minute or until everything is chopped and blended.  
Now I am ready for my girls camping trip.  

See my next blog post for my girls camp out.  Nothing can beat a girls weekend in the mountains.   

No comments:

Post a Comment