Share

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Homemade Applesauce with Stevia

I was making a recipe last night that called for applesauce.  I opened up my big container of applesauce and saw mold.  Not wanting to go to the store, I decided to make my own applesauce.   

Good thing I got apples yesterday! 

This is what I used for my applesauce:
2 cups water
4 Granny-smith Apples
1 tablespoon Stevia
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
Pinch of salt to bring out the flavor

Peel, core and dice your apples and throw them in a pot. 
Add the rest of the ingredients.  Place your pan on the stove and cover with a lid.  Cook on medium high, stirring and checking about every ten minutes.  I added about 1 cup of water at first, and then slowly added more as needed.  
Keep cooking until the apples become applesauce.  It took about 45 minutes.
I like chunky applesauce.  I wanted to eat the whole pan.  This recipe is so good! 
 Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. It does look very good Jaimey! I have a bunch of apples getting ripe and I made need this recipe soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment, Nancy!
    I hope you enjoy. I thought the Stevia made the apples too sweet, but once the apples cooked down the apple sauce was perfect!

    ReplyDelete