Share

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Pizza Night

I was in the cooking mood last night, but didn't want to spend all night standing in the kitchen.  I found this pizza crust recipe on Allrecipes.com.  After making it, I decided it's easier to make than buy in the store.   The homemade dough is easier to work with and tastes amazing.
This is what you need:
  • 1 cup warm water  (110 degrees F)
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 2 1/4 teaspoons fast acting yeast
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 1/2 cups flour

I added:
  • wheat grass
  • rosemary
  • garlic

Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. 
In a bowl, add your water, sugar and yeast.  Stir together until the yeast and sugar dissolve. 

Add olive oil, and salt.  Stir.

Lastly, add the flour (I added the wheat grass, rosemary, and garlic with the flour)

Form the dough into a ball and let rest for about 10 minutes. 
After 10 minutes, form your pizza crust on a oiled pan.  I would suggest putting corn meal on the oiled pizza pan before laying down your dough.
 Next, add your toppings.  I love this part.

Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
Take your pizza out of the oven, slice and enjoy!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment