Share

Saturday, December 22, 2012

3D Snowflake

In my last post (12/21/12) I said I would let you know how my handmade 3-D snowflakes turned out.  See my photo's below. I can't believe how easy and beautiful they are. 
 The top snowflake is made from ruled paper from my notebook.
The bottom snowflake is made from note cards.
If you want to make one yourself, 
you will need:
  • 6 squares of paper
  • Tape 
  • Scissors
  • Staple
Fold your paper in half.  If your folded paper does not make a triangle, then cut the excess paper and to make a triangle.  
Make three cuts on each side of the triangle, cutting from the folded side.
 Roll up two points, and tape.
 Turn over, roll up, and tape.
Repeat until all sides are folded up.
Follow those steps for five more squares, until you have six rolled up squares.
 Staple three rolled squares together.
Staple the remaining three to the three you just stapled.

Staple the touching points to one another to keep the shape of the snowflake.
 This is what your snowflake should look like when you are done. 
This is super easy and ends up to be a unique decoration for your home.

No comments:

Post a Comment