Share

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Jaimey's Caprese Pasta Salad

My work is having a potluck tomorrow for a baby shower.  I signed up to make a pasta salad, but none of the online pasta salad recipes appealed to me, so I chose to make up my own.
Here is my version of a Capresse pasta salad.  It's very simple and tastes fresh and flavorful.
 

 This is what I used:
  • fiori pasta
  • about 1/4 cup fresh cut basil
  • one package grape tomatoes (sliced)
  • 8 oz fresh mozzarella mini pearls
  • one yellow bell pepper (diced)
  • 1/2 of a sweet onion (diced)
  • juice of one small lime
  • splash of vinegar
  • splash of olive oil
  • salt and pepper to taste
I cooked the pasta for 7 minutes until al dente, drained, and set aside to cool.  
I chopped my sweet onion, yellow bell pepper, and basil. Diced my tomato and sliced my lime, and added all of my ingredients into the cooled pasta.   The pasta salad was mixed, tasted, covered with tinfoil and place in the fridge for tomorrow.  
My mom gave me a great tip when I was growing up to refrigerate pasta salad over night.  This enhanced the flavor of the pasta salad by it allowing the spices and oils to be absorbed.  This makes it delicious the next day.
All together it took about 15-20 minutes.  






No comments:

Post a Comment