Share

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Vegan Hobo Dinners in the Uintas

These are hobo dinners I made for Matt and I while camping in the Uintas.
 This is how I make my hobo dinners.  They are so easy, delicious, and fun.
  I used vegan bacon, brussul sprouts, carrots, potatoes, onion, yellow pepper, salt and pepper, and red pepper flakes.  You can use whatever veggies and meat you want, but don't leave out onion, and salt, and pepper.  Those three ingredients are a must for amazing flavor.  Throw the veggies and meat in the middle of the tinfoil and fold the first layer of tinfoil so no veggies are exposed.  Turn it over and wrap another layer of tinfoil, then one more so you have three layers.  This will prevent your meal from burning in the fire.

Throw the hobo dinners in the coals of the fire and turn about every 5-10 minutes.  
Once you feel it's cooked long enough, open one up and see if it's ready(about 45 minutes).  I know it's ready by poking a fork in the potatoes.  If the potatoes are soft, it's done. Once you know the dinner is ready, open it up, let it cool off, and devour.

No comments:

Post a Comment