Share

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Homemade Dog Flee and Tick Repellant (Chemical Free)

Matt and I recently went to Lake Tahoe for a couple of days.  I picked up their local magazine called Healthy Lifestyles.  It had amazing recipes and really good articles about health.  One article had a recipe for a flee and tick repellant.  You can go online to read the newsletter by clicking here.  I have been looking for a good repellant for Dorothy since we like to hike and I don't want her to get ticks.  This recipe smells so clean and fresh.  I hope it works. :)

You will need:
 1 cup filtered water (I used the filtered water from my fridge)
3 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
10 drops cedar wood
10 drops lavender
10 drops peppermint
10 drops citrus
10 drops citronella

Combine the ingredients and soak the collar in the mixture for about 30 minutes.  Take the collar out, let it dry and put it back on your dog.  You can spray the remaining mixture on your dog.  It says to do this once a month for good results.   I put Dorothy's collar back on after soaking it and she and my house smells so good!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment