Share

Monday, February 18, 2013

Vegan Quinoa, Ginger, and Black Bean Stew

This is my new healthy, vegan recipe for a cold, cozy weekend.  



 This is what I used:
  • 1 cup quinoa
  • 3 carrots, sliced
  • 4 celery stems, sliced
  •  about six heirloom tomatoes, halved
  • 1 bell pepper
  • 1/2 cup frozen roasted corn
  • 1 small sweat onion
  • 1 tablespoon fresh ginger diced
  • 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 box veggie broth
  • 2 cups water
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • 1 tablespoon catchup
  • 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
  Put all ingredients in the crock pot, set on medium heat, and cook for about 4-5 hours. 
Once you decide this is done, serve in bowls and eat up.  

 I cooked my bread in my new (old to my parents) bread maker.  I put the ingredients in the bread maker and it did all the hard work for me. It's so easy. I love it! 

I am so excited to finally have Trader Joe's here in Salt Lake City and used a couple of their ingredients in my stew. The boxed veggie broth, heirloom tomatoes, and frozen fire-roasted corn are from there.  I would not recommend going to Trader Joe's on a weekend though.  It's such a small store and is jam packed full of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment