Share

Friday, August 1, 2014

How To Create A Tea Party For Kids

After going to Victoria to have High Tea with my aunt, I have been craving a tea party.  My eight year-old neighbor is always looking for something fun to do, so I invited her over for a tea party.
  She was really excited, but pulled a face when she asked if we were going to have tea.  The second she said that, I thought, Oooh MaryJane's Mint Julip ChillOver. 
You will need:
1 teaspoon MaryJanes ChillOver powder
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup Sugar
2 drops Peppermint extract
Bring the water, lemon juice, and sugar to a boil.  Make sure the sugar is melted and keep stirring.  
 Bring the stove down to medium heat and add the ChillOver powder (ChillOver powder sets up like gelatin but is cruelty free).  Let this cook for about three minutes.   
  Take off the heat, stir in two drops peppermint essential oil.  
Pour into cute tea cups and let chill for about two hours.
 Garnish with a peppermint leaf.  Josie didn't want to eat the leaf, but thought it was really pretty. :) 
I found this recipe in 
"MaryJane's Ideabook-lifebook-cookbook" 
on page 108.  
For the food I made cute PB&Js, sliced fruit, chocolate chips and baked wheat thins.  
You probably know how to make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, but I made these ones extra special for cute Josie.  I spread on peanut butter with homemade strawberry jam mixed with lemon curd.  It was a delicious mix.    
 Use a cookie cutter to shape your sandwich.  
 Put it on a cute tea plate.  I garnished with grapes.  
 Not sure if you can tell, but this one is a dress. 
Josie had so much fun!  
This adorable eight year-old loved the Mint Julep in place of tea, devoured the pb&j, mangos, and chocolate chips.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment