Share

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Easy Homemade Pasta With Fresh Herbs (Vegan)

I received this beautiful pasta maker from my sister for Christmas and have been loving it!
After making pasta from this machine, I have decided there is nothing better than homemade pasta. 
 
My favorite recipe is from La Pure Mama.  This is her recipe but with my own touch (fresh herbs from the garden).

You will need:
2 cups semolina flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup, plus 1/3 cups warm water
2 T. olive oil
1 T. fresh chopped rosemary
1/2 T. fresh thyme
 
 Chop the herbs
Add your semolina flour, herbs and salt to a large bowl and stir together.
 
Slowly pour in 1/2 cup warm water.
 Stir in the water and then add the olive oil.  
If the pasta is too dry, slowly add more water.  You will want the dough to be stretchy.
  Kneed the dough for about five minutes, then form a ball. 
 
Place the ball on a floured surface and cut into fourths.
Put your pasta maker on a low setting at first (I start on a 2 and then roll out on a 6), then go to a higher stetting to thin out the dough (the higher the setting the thinner the dough).
 Now cut into strips.  I made fettuccine.
 Set the pasta out to dry for about 15-30 minutes. 
 Heat up a large pot of water.
 Once the water comes to a boil,
 carefully place the pasta in the boiling water.
 It took about one minute for my pasta to cook.  Keep a close eye on it because it cooks really fast!! 
Drain the water.  
Add olive oil and salt if desired and serve.  
You are going to love this.

No comments:

Post a Comment