Share

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Easy DIY Envelopes

I want to make my envelopes for my thank you cards this year.  It saves money and gives a little personal touch to those who spent their time and money on me.  

To start you will need:
  • Square piece of paper (I used scrap booking paper)
  • Scissors
  • Glue (I used Elmer's Glue)

Start with a square piece of paper.  Put your card in the middle and fold all four corners in, like the photos below. 
Remove the card you folded the envelope around.  Cut out the small creased triangles.  
See the photos below.  
  I think it looks like a pretty flower after cutting out the triangles.
Fold up one corner.  This will be the bottom of the envelope.  
Apply some glue to the edges.  Make sure it doesn't get on the inside of the envelope or it will seal it shut.  
Fold one side over at a time, adding a small amount of glue to the bottom edges. 
 Now you have a beautiful envelope made by you! 
 Put a stamp on the envelope and send the thank you letter on its way.
You may want to use a dark pen or marker for the mailing address.

No comments:

Post a Comment