Share

Friday, October 11, 2013

How To Make Vegan Pesto

My mom taught me how to make pesto when I was younger.  The pesto she makes has pine nuts and parmesan cheese.  Tonight I made vegan pesto in tribute of my mom's pesto.  This vegan version can now be the new family recipe. :)
Ingredients:
4 cups fresh basil
1/2 cup almonds (pine nuts are the traditional nuts used in pesto, but almonds were delicious)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup olive oil
salt to taste
juice of one lime
3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
Gather your basil.
Rinse and dry off the basil leaves.  I have a lettuce spinner to dry the leaves.  It makes this step much easier and faster. :)

Add four cups of fresh basil to the food processor. 
Turn on the food processor to make room for the other ingredients. 
Add the ingredients after you have made room and turn on the food processor.
Keep the food processor going until the pesto is creamy.  It will take about one minute.
Store in a glass bottle.
You can store the pesto in the freezer.  Make sure it's in an air-tight container.  Thaw overnight in the fridge before using.
Tonight I'm going to make homemade pizza with this delicious pesto.  I can't wait! 
This is how the pizza turned out. So nummy!!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment