Share

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Farmer's Market Beet Fries

I went to my local farmers market about two weekends ago and have been trying to figure out something unique to make with my beets and fresh garlic.  The idea to make beet fries popped in my head.  This is a super fun and tasty alternative to potato fries.
I used all local ingredients except the olive oil and pepper.  My salt even came from the Great Salt Lake. :)
I used:
6 beets
3 cloves garlic
salt (from the Great Salt Lake) and pepper to taste
basil (from my garden)
olive oil

slice the beets
chop three cloves garlic

 Put the beets, garlic, salt, pepper, basil, and olive oil in a bowl and mix with your clean hands.
Spread out the beet fries on a baking pan and place in the oven at 425 degrees F. for about 45 minutes, turning halfway through.
Taste a fry to make sure they are done, then take out of the oven and let cool for a couple of minutes.  
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment