Share

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Vegan Orange Zest Banana Bread

This orange zest banana bread is so flavorful.


  I was going through my freezer today and saw three bananas that I peeled and froze in the fall.  I also have lots of oranges that are ready to be eaten, so I used one in the bread as well. 

Tip: Peel and freeze your ripe bananas if you are not ready to use them. It works really well and saves you a trip to the store!

This is what I used to make my bread

  • 1/4 cup Earth Balance butter spread (room temp.)
  • 1/4 cup agave nectar
  • 1/4 cup organic cane sugar
  • 1/2 cup Silk lite soy milk
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 cups whole wheat flour
  • zest of one orange
  • one small squeeze of juice from the orange, after you have used the zest
  • 3 bananas mashed
  • 1/4 cup nuts (I used almonds, walnuts, and hazelnuts)
  • 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips

mix together the butter, soy milk, agave nectar, sugar, and vanilla.  
Add the baking soda, baking powder, and flour and stir together.  
Next, stir in the bananas.  Then add the orange zest, squeeze of the orange, chocolate chips, and nuts.  
Stir together and pour into a greased bread pan.  
Put the preheated oven (350 degrees Fahrenheit) for about 45-60 minutes.  You know when it is done when the center is no longer liquid and the top is golden-brown and puffs up. 
 Take the loaf out of the pan, let cool, slice, and devour. 
Just a warning: this bread is amazing!  The orange zest is what makes the bread. 

No comments:

Post a Comment