Share

Monday, September 21, 2015

Pumpkin Spice Latte (Vegan)

It's Fall!  The best time of year for cozy warm lattes and good books.  This is my favorite season.  
Here is a delicious recipe for a healthy pumpkin spice latte made with almond milk.
You will need: 
1 cup Almond milk (Soy or Coconut milk would be fine too)
1 Tablespoon pumpkin puree
1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup (optional)
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of salt
1 cup of brewed coffee

Brew your coffee and set aside.  I used my french press.  You can brew it however you would like. 
Add the almond milk, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, and maple syrup to a small pot.   
Cook on medium heat and whisk the ingredients together, stirring frequently.  Take off the heat once it starts steaming.   
Whisk or froth the milk.
I love my milk frother.  Makes my milk super fluffy like whipped cream, but without the extra calories.   If you don't have a frother, just use a whisk.  
Add the coffee to your mug, 
Then the frothed milk.
    Top with ground nutmeg.   
Drink in a cozy place with a good book.  Take time to enjoy. 

3 comments: