Share

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Yoga and Pilates Mat Cleaner

Last night Matt and I watched the TV show "Hoarders."  I decided I didn't want to be anything like a hoarder, so I started deep-cleaning my house.  One of the things that needed a deep cleaning were my yoga and pilates mats.  They get used quite often. 

I love to go outside in the grass and dirt to take deep breaths of fresh air while stretching and doing mat exercises. My pilates mat is always on my family room floor to keep me motivated with my daily exercises (Bella and Dorothy like to sleep on the mat as well). 


This is Dorothy doing downward dog on my pilates mat.
 This is me doing downward dog and Bella doing 
piece of heaven on my yoga mat.
Cleaning solution:
1 part white wine vinegar to 3 parts distilled water 
I used; 1 cup vinegar and 3 cups water
1 teaspoon tea tree oil
Lavender essential oil  about 30 drops

Mix the ingredients in a spray bottle and it's ready to use. 
 
Spray your mat and let it soak in for a couple of minutes; then clean it off with a washcloth.  

I love this cleaning mixture!  It worked really well on my mats and made my house smell really clean.  I'm going to use the spray to clean other parts of my house.

 Before the cleaning
 After cleaning :)  
Yay for a clean and good smelling yoga mat!!



No comments:

Post a Comment