Share

Friday, December 7, 2012

Tofu Burger with Red/Sweet Potato Fries

I was cleaning my kitchen this evening and noticed I had a bunch of red potatoes and sweet potatoes that were ready to eat.  I decided I would make fries with the potatoes and tofu burgers from the veggies and tofu I had in my fridge.  Matt picked up some buns to put my spur of the moment tofu burgers in.


To make the fries, I washed the potatoes, cut into skinny long strips, and seasoned with olive oil, sea salt, garlic powder, and red pepper chili flakes.  I placed the fries in the oven for about 40 min at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, turning them once after 20 minutes and again after 20 more minutes.  

Before you take them out, taste a fry to make sure they are the crispiness you are looking for. 


I made my own tofu burger recipe and used what I had in my fridge.  If you use this recipe, you can add what veggies sound good or buy what I used. 

This is what I used: 
  • Medium firm tofu (next time I will use extra firm tofu; I just used more bread crumbs than if I were to use extra firm)
  • bread crumbs about 1-2 cups or until thick enough to form a patty.
  • 1 tablespoon ketchup
  • 1 tablespoon mustard
  • a pinch of red pepper flakes
  • 1 celery stalk (chopped)
  • 1/2 sweet onion (chopped)
  • 1 medium carrot (chopped)
  • 1/4 cup parsley (chopped)
  • 1 sun dried tomato (chopped)
  • 1/8 cup fresh basil (chopped)
  • Salt and pepper to taste

I mixed the ingredients together, formed into patties and placed in my heated (on medium), oiled (olive oil), cast iron pan.  


Cook each side for about 4-5 minutes or until golden-brown.


 I then dressed my burger, put some fries on my plate and enjoyed my dinner with Matt and Bella.


Bella hid behind the wheat grass because she was scared of the oven. :(



No comments:

Post a Comment